In this 8-week online summer camp, your children will discover their superpowers, learn how to strengthen them, and most importantly, come to understand how to use them to help others.
This camp is inspired by, and pulls from, the How To Be Super: Violet Crown story collection, in which a 12 year old boy from Austin TX discovers that he is one of 5 initiates into a secretive band of superheroes. Over the 20 stories, he undergoes superhero training, learning the four-step Prime Power Protocol. It is this training on which we have based the training in the How To Be Super Summer Camp!
The Basic camp is a a self-directed experience that employs videos, practice exercises and a live Q & A video to guide children through a summer of transformation and discovery.
The How To Be Super Summer Camp will help children:
- develop resilience
- learn how to "show up" in all aspects of life
- strengthen empathy and compassion
- discover the power of honesty and authenticity
- find strength in humility
- value "mistakes" and challenges
- and learn how to lead by example.
The Basic Camp includes:• 16 video lessons, plus a welcome and a closing video
• 16 practice sheet downloads
• advanced training practice options for children ages 9+
• 20-Story Collection How To Be Super - Book One: The Violet Crown (10 hours of listening, $30 value)
• 1 Live Training with David in July
• 1 printable course checklist
• 1 downloadable printable completion form
By the end of the summer, your whole family will be powered up! The Camp runs June 18th through August 10th.
Perfect for kids ages 6 and up, with additional content for campers 9 and up.
If you are looking for an interactive camp experience, please see the Training Plus or Master Class options for the How To Be Super Camp.
Alias: Downtown Dave
Superpowers: Transformation, Truth Detection, Healing Language, Sleep Inducement
David learned he had the power of transformation when he successfully convinced his neighbors that he was an eighty year old man. David was in second grade at the time. Since then, he has used this power along with truth detection and healing language as an elementary school teacher, parent, soccer coach and eventually chief tale spinner for Sparkle Stories. He recently found that Sleep Inducement works not only on his two sons, but also on people who attend his lectures and workshops.